2 hours of EXACTLY what you NEED to hear!!!! I sat through it all, and urge you to do the same. It's about strengthening your mentality and the way your perceive your actions, days, and goals. This is much needed jewel of information for anyone building themselves and their career. I think that if you're an entrepreneur, want to be an entrepreneur, or want to work on improving your mindset so that you can prepare yourself for success, this keynote has a crazy amount of value to provide for you. Mindset is so absurdly important and if you don't understand that and work on improving how you see things (both good and bad) that happen in your life, you will lose.

Name:  optimism.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  62.3 KB

OPTIMISM OR PESSIMISM? YOU CHOOSE.
DUTCH BROS KEYNOTE IN
PORTLAND, OREGON 2017 | DAILYVEE 316

"When you bet on optimism, when you are on the offense, when you start playing towards intangibles, you began suffocating excuses..."
- Gary Vee

"It is literally my mindset, that every thing negative that happens to me is my fucking fault. I'm not talking about knowing or thinking that everything is my fault, but living your life to where you default to believing that as your mindset"
- Gary Vee
"I wish we had better perspective, (Perspective is the fucking game)"....it's crazy how quickly we take things for granted... "We just get used to shit so fast"
- Gary Vee

"If anybody has ever done it in your circumstances, then you have nothing to complain about.... "Life is binary, it's either offense, or defense."
- Gary Vee

"Somebody is always watching now, there is no interaction you're having ever again that is only between you and that person" If you believe that every single thing that you do is on the record (documented, recorded, watched), you'll be amazed at how your behavior changes..."
- Gary Vee

"I work for everybody, I don't have people working for me... that's the biggest confusion of many managers"
- Gary Vee

"As you start to grow up the ranks of society and business, you have to start deploying humility, not ego."
- Gary Vee

"The way to succeed within an organization that has people working, you have to start learning to eat shit, the higher up you go, the more shit you have to eat. "Your ability to be the bigger man or woman, is the variable of your success within an organization, and compounded when you go out into the real world"
- Gary Vee

"You are documenting your entire life, at scale, forever.
- Gary Vee

"Over 50% of all time spent by an person on a cell phone is on social media"
- Gary Vee

"Everything that is running our societies attention right now, 12 years ago.. did not exist."
- Gary Vee

"We spend an enormous amount of time on dumb shit, when we have so much ambition to do more"
- Gary Vee

"If you want to be pumped professionally and personally... there is only one thing that will drive you to success... it's called Self-Awareness."
- Gary Vee

"The people who have the confidence to suck at shit, are those that are winning, be confident in what you're good at, and punt what you suck at... triple down on your strengths".
- Gary Vee

"If you're in a place you don't like, you won't put in the amount of work you need to achieve the things you want, put yourself in a position to succeed."
- Gary Vee

"Take the 5 people who spend the most time with you, invite them to dinner, create a weird event, and spend 3 hours with the people who know you the best confident in telling you the truth"
- Gary Vee

"All the magic is in the grey, it's not in the black and white.. You can Google anything you want, but if you don't know what you're doing with yourself, if you're insecure, it's not going to mean shit" ...If your operating system isn't right, then you've got no chance".
- Gary Vee

"Get inside your head, figure out who you are.. figure out if what you are talking is being mapped out by what you are doing"
- Gary Vee

----- Q&A ------

How do you motivate your team to be as motivated as you
I don't. I don't expect from others, our romantic point of views are different.
What I want to know is what makes each and every one of them ticks.
The biggest mistake leaders make is they expect others to care about their shit.
I want to know what you care about, and put you in a position to succeed, so you can succeed for me.

Do you ever hold back on your passion, does it ever get the best of you sometimes? **Scares people because too much is given* As long as your passion is coming from a good place, and it's not an act, or self interest, or suppression (insecurity about skills)... act on it as much as you want.

How do I get to the next level?
People struggle due to lack of patience, especially after receiving a little success.. so they over-extend themselves. It's about enjoying the journey, and understanding it's one step in front of the other.

How to identify qualities in people that would translate well into leadership
Empathy is 80% Work Ethic and gratitude etc makes up the other 20%

When asked about other opinions
I never let others opinions about me matter more than what I think about myself. I'm empathetic to "why", but my opinion is ultimately what matters (through self awareness)

Asked Gary about his thougts on this quote:
"A strength isnt something you're good at, a weakness isnt something you're weak at. A strength is something that strengthens you, a weakness is something that weakens you"
I hate words... because, "now what?" are you going to do anything with it?" The reason most people don't like me in the beginning, is because I suffocate excuses.

Make work and life the same... it's just too big of a percentage of our time on earth to look at them separately.

- Gary Vee

The best hiring advice is learning to fire fast.
- Gary Vee

Not everyone can be the quarterback, long snappers matter too
- Gary Vee

Depth vs Width (It Matters) - Gary Vee